Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reboot

Look up top there at the explanation of what my blog is. Nowhere up there does it mention that the point of the blog is me venting about my love life (or lack thereof). Sure it affects me and is noteworthy. Sure it’s worth mentioning, but I’ve noticed that I’ve slowly gotten into a rut the past 6 months or so worrying too much about it. I’m totally trying not to dwell on it. Even though I may or may not be trying to step back into dating I think I truly am just taking it as it comes.

Something I DO mention up top is being a comic geek. I’ve read comics on and off since I was about 8. My comics of choice are DC comics (you know Batman, Green Lantern, Flash). Recently they rebooted their continuity. Unlike previous attempts at clearing things up, this mostly put everything back to square one. I say mostly because at the beginning of the new series it’s established that the heroes have been around for around 6 years. While some stories from the previous continuity happened (like for instance there still have been 4 Robins, and some of the ramifications from recent GL stories are still there), others have been ignored (Wally West aka the third Flash is nowhere to be seen). Regardless everything makes sense and fits in regards to things not contradicting each other. I could go on and on about that, but comics aren’t the point.

The point is that I’m rebooting this blog so to say. I somewhat have a vision of the kind of things I want to write about and the vibe I want so my goal is to take steps to reach that. I took a step back and realized that currently my blog isn’t super interesting. It has the potential too though. While I don’t expect or want it to be read by people all over the universe, I DO get a thrill out of knowing people read and appreciate what I wrote. So here’s to hopes of that.

I guess I want to write about stuff that I proud about sharing. So yes, the fact that Eharmony’s representative on twitter gave me (and many others) a free subscription is interesting. But it’s not something I really want to dwell on; especially if it causes me to be all mopey and it’s not leading anyplace. Cooking and comics and pictures and my smartassery are much more interesting to read and write about.

Going back to the comic analogy for a second; like I said some things are acknowledged and some things are ignored. So I may still touch on my feelings about dating. But mostly I just want to write about my life and where it’s going.

No comments: